Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time : 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- Saute celery and onion in margarine or butter in a saucepan . Remove from heat. Add sage, thyme, and pepper. Place dry bread cubes in a mixing bowl. Add celery mixture, pecans, and cranberries. Add the 1/2 cup chicken broth, tossing to moisten.
- Use to stuff one6 to 8-pound turkey. (Transfer any remaining stuffing to a casserole, adding the 1 to 2 tablespoons chicken broth, if desired, for additional moistness; cover and chill casserole until ready to bake. Bake the casserole, covered, in a 325 degree F oven during the last 30 to 45 minutes of turkey roasting until stuffing is heated through.) If stuffing is baked in the turkey, the internal temperature of the stuffing should reach 165 degrees F.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.