Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3-6 cloves of garlic, minces very well
- 2-3 slices of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white flour (maida)
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 or 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- extra flour or cornstarch (optional)
Method of Preparation:
- Pour vegetable oil into a small saucepan. Saute garlic and onion in it for about two minutes on medium flame.
- Add flour, yeast, and soya sauce to make a paste. Add water gradually, stirring constantly.
- Bring the gravy to a boil on medium to medium-high heat, stirring constantly -- the gravy has to boil for it to thicken.
- Add pepper.
- Stir in the sliced mushrooms, if desired. Add salt
- If the gravy is too thin for your taste, add one or two tablespoons of flour or small amounts of cornstarch to thicken it.